Health dangers from being overweight
These dangers are identified with overweight and obese adults
Adults that have a BMI of greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have an intensified risk for many diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime less than 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime greater than 0.74 and less than 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime greater than 1 = Overweight
This app will calculate your BMI and tell you if you are underweight, overweight or if your weight is optimal. Just enter your vital statistics and click the button. The results will be graphed out for you.
Do the sums
BMI is defined by the following formula
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI is particularly inaccurate for people who are very fit or athletic, as their high muscle mass can classify them in the overweight category by BMI, even though their body fat percentages frequently fall in the 10-15% category, which is below that of a more sedentary person of average build who has a normal BMI number.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for further clarification