Health dangers due to obesity
These problems are identified with overweight and obese adults
Adults with a BMI of greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have an augmented risk for several diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime less than 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime greater than 0.74 and less than 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime greater than 1 = Overweight
Bmi Prime is a variation of the Quetelet index. If you have a Prime of less than 0.74, you are underweight. If your prime is more than 0.74 and less than 1.00, your weight is ideal. If your BMI prime is more than 1 you are defined as being overweight.
How it's calculated
Use the body mass formula to get your bmi
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI calcs ignore variation in physical characteristics.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more details