Health risks from being overweight
These dangers are associated with overweight and obese adults
Adults with a BMI of greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have an increased risk for a number of diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime < 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime > 0.74 and < 1.00 = Optimal weight
- BMI Prime > 1 = Overweight
This app will calculate your body mass index and tell you if you are underweight, overweight or if your weight is optimal. Just enter your vital statistics and click the button. Your result will be shown on a graph for you.
Formula for BMI
You can use the following formula to calculate your BMI :
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI calculations do not differentiate between muscle mass and fat mass.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more information