Chart your BMI against the national average
Health dangers due to obesity
These dangers are associated with overweight and obese adults
Adults with a BMI of more than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is higher than 30 (obese
) have an increased risk for a number of diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime less than 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime greater than 0.74 and less than 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime greater than 1 = Overweight
This app will calculate your body mass index and tell you if you are underweight, overweight or if your weight is optimal. Just enter your vital statistics and click the button. Your result will be shown on a graph for you.
The BMI Formula
The formula below is used to measure BMI
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI calcs ignore variation in physical characteristics.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more details