Weight: 0 stones 270 pounds with height: 4 feet 11 inches
Health problems from being overweight
These consequences are related to obese adults
A BMI greater than 25 (overweight
) or a Body Mass more than 30 (obese
) gives you a real risk of diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime less than 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime greater than 0.74 and less than 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime greater than 1 = Overweight
BMI, sometimes known as the Quetelet index, is a measure used to estimate a person's body shape based upon a person' weight and height. It originated in Belguim around the 1840's by Adolphe Quetelet. It is a simple calculation based on your body weight divided by the square of their height.
The simple maths
Behind the scenes of BMI
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
Body Mass formulations do not take into account physical characteristic variants.More information here wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more details