Health dangers from being overweight
These risks are associated with overweight and obese adults
Adults whose BMI is greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have an elevated risk for many diseases and health conditions, including,:
BMI Prime is simple way of defining a single figure that is not immedieately related to any other units of measurement, but which can quickly and easily rank a person into a category. :Eg:
- BMI Prime < 0.74 = Underweight
- BMI Prime > 0.74 and < 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime > 1 = Overweight
Bmi Prime is a variation of the Quetelet index. If you have a Prime of less than 0.74, you are underweight. If your prime is more than 0.74 and less than 1.00, your weight is ideal. If your BMI prime is more than 1 you are defined as being overweight.
Do the sums
The formula below is used to measure BMI
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI calculations do not differentiate between muscle mass and fat mass.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more information