Body mass index, height: 170 Centimeters (Centimetres cm) with weight: 123 Kilograms (Kilos kg)
Health dangers due to obesity
These consequences are related to obese adults
A BMI greater than 25 (overweight
) or a Body Mass more than 30 (obese
) gives you a real risk of diseases and health conditions, including,:
BMI Prime is simple way of defining a single figure that is not immedieately related to any other units of measurement, but which can quickly and easily rank a person into a category. :Eg:
- BMI Prime < 0.74 = Underweight
- BMI Prime > 0.74 and < 1.00 = Optimal weight.
- BMI Prime > 1 = Overweight
Bmi is a variant of the Quetelet index. If you have a Prime of less than 0.74, you are underweight. If your prime is more than 0.74 and less than 1.00, your weight is ideal. If your BMI prime is more than 1 you are probably overweight.
This is how BMI is calculated
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI calcs ignore variation in physical characteristics.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more details