Health difficulties from being overweight
These difficulties are associated with obese and overweight adults
Adults whose Body Mass Index is greater than 25 (overweight
) or whose BMI is greater than 30 (obese
) have a marked increase in risk for various diseases and health conditions, including,:
Body Mass Index Prime is method of using the results of the BMI calculations to quickly and easily rank a person into a category. Eg:
- BMI Prime < 0.74 = Underweight.
- BMI Prime > 0.74 and < 1.00 = Optimal weight
- BMI Prime > 1 = Overweight
This app will calculate your BMI and tell you if you are underweight, overweight or if your weight is optimal. Just enter your vital statistics and click the button. The results will be graphed out for you.
Do the sums
This is how BMI is calculated
- BMI = weight(kilograms) / height2 (metres2) (Metric Units)
- BMI = 703 . weight(pounds) / height2 (inches2) (Imperial Units)
BMI calcs ignore variation in physical characteristics.See wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_mass_index#Limitations for more details